car dealships any 1 do um

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DUSTYCEDAR, Apr 4, 2004.

1. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

does anyone treat a car dealship
    just looked at 1 what a mess cars all over the place all these small islands and junk in the way how do u keep the cars clean and not get the fert on them when they hang over the lawn?

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I do 3 car dealers, have access to the keys whenever I need them. Don't have to ask anyone, just go in the room, grab the keys, move the cars, do my job, move the cars back, put the keys back. Granted I've been doing them for 7+ years now, so I've earned the trust. When I first started I always had to wait for the cars to be moved, then they realized I can be trusted to the keys, so now I just move them.

3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do 2 car dealerships. One has a few islands in the lawn. At the other they park cars on the front lawn from time to time. I just call a few hours ahead to let them know I'm coming, and they move all the cars out of my way.

4. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I have 4 of them...one of our "specialities" as many companies dont like to do them as they are not easy. No fert, just maintenance/mowing/landscape work.

I send the mgr an email day b4 I show up and he moves whatever needs moved. They can be a headache so price them right and be very careful around the car inventory if you are mowing them

5. grassredneck

grassredneck LawnSite Member

I worked for a company who did back in the day, They had several dealer's with hundreds of cars, We walked side by side about 10ft apart to blow it off and just string trimmed around the cars parked on the turf, We didn't edge the islands that had cars parked too close to them and picking up trash took an unusually long time also,

6. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

In Illinois it is illegal for a car/trailer dealer to park a vehicle for sale on turf. They still do though. I get a kick out of telling these dumb salesman that it is illegal. They say well how do you know that? I say turf is my business and I try to make sure I know every thing there is to know about my business.

7. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Strange law. Maybe so they can't hide the fact that it's dripping vital fluids.
    I used to mow a car lot. What a pain. One side was way steep, had as much string trimming as mowing. A couple years ago, I jacked the price up, and lost it (yippee). Driving past later, I noticed that he sprayed the hillside with some kind of death spray, looked horrible.
    Crawdad