1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

CAR MATE trailers....???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by augs dad, Feb 12, 2002.

1. augs dad

augs dad LawnSite Member

Looking at a 6x12 or 14 dual axle with elec brakes. Yes these are made of angle iron which some of you don't like. Cost is about $1700. These are used alot in my area. Any opinions on this product?
    Gary in central PA
  2. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Find a better trailer. We have a Car mate and 1 thing to say JUNK. metal on the sides is paper thin plywood is paper thin, the frame of the trailer twist so much sometimes it's hard to open the doors. Like most people we just needed an enclosed trailer right away and the dealer was 1/2 mi away. He had the trailer sitting out front with a sale sign on it for a cheap price, apparently someone ordered it it was too small and they wanted bigger. I took advantage of the deal I think I paid $3200 for it, it's a 7 1/2' x 16' with a 4' side door ramp gate lights and vents. should have shopped around bought the trailer 3 yrs ago used it for 2 1/2 years cutting grass and now we use it for a site trailer for tool storage. My buddy bought a similar trailer at the same time called a midwest cargo from a dealer about 1 hr away paid $1000 more but his trailer still is in new condition with no major problems.
  3. augs dad

augs dad LawnSite Member

I don't want to spend the money for enclosed trailer...should I assume their non-enclosed are junk as well? Thanks
  4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

that price sounds pretty high esp for open
  5. plow kid

plow kid Banned

In ohio a 6.5x 12 tandem with brakes will run you $1k, pm me for phone ##'s ~NaTe
  6. plow kid

plow kid Banned

also a 6.5x16 is $895, $1095 with brakes on all 4 wheels