1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Carb Question

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by vipermanz, Sep 2, 2001.

1. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Where can i find walbro carb parts online

model no. wa-229

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

I find that rebuild kit in my aftermarket parts book. It lists for $8.75. Some aftermarket companies are Stens, Rotory,Silverstreak find a parts store that carries aftermarket and you'll find the kit.

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.hev.com/veri/carbkits.html

Just do a search on the net for Walbro carb rebuld kits (or something close) and there are a few more.

BUT...Your dealer should be able to get (if he doesn't already have it like he should) easily for no more than $10 or $15.

4. Alanky

Alanky LawnSite Member

5. vipermanz

Thanks Guys, I found it!!

6. Jman

Jman LawnSite Member

Walbro part number for a complete repair kit is K20WAT msrp $7.23, diaphragm kit only is D20WAT msrp $3.79, and the complete carb is a WA299-1 msrp $36.00. Any body that sells Walbro should be able to get these for you.

7. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

You will save time and probable headache if you buy a new carb. As Jman has stated it's not much money. Sometimes even after soaking a carb you cant get some pasageways clean. I have switched to buying new carbs when I can rather than rebuilding them.

8. vipermanz

i think that might be an option now

9. Fish

Fish LawnSite Member

Why? What are the symptoms and what have you done?
    Fish

10. vipermanz

i took it as a demo piece at my small engine repairclass and the instructor who didn't no a dam thing he was doing tore the diaphragm, messed up the needle etc