Carb Question

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by vipermanz, Sep 2, 2001.

1. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Where can i find walbro carb parts online

model no. wa-229

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

I find that rebuild kit in my aftermarket parts book. It lists for $8.75. Some aftermarket companies are Stens, Rotory,Silverstreak find a parts store that carries aftermarket and you'll find the kit.

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.hev.com/veri/carbkits.html

Just do a search on the net for Walbro carb rebuld kits (or something close) and there are a few more.

BUT...Your dealer should be able to get (if he doesn't already have it like he should) easily for no more than $10 or $15.

4. Alanky

Alanky LawnSite Member

5. vipermanz

Thanks Guys, I found it!!

6. Jman

Jman LawnSite Member

Walbro part number for a complete repair kit is K20WAT msrp $7.23, diaphragm kit only is D20WAT msrp $3.79, and the complete carb is a WA299-1 msrp $36.00. Any body that sells Walbro should be able to get these for you.

7. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

You will save time and probable headache if you buy a new carb. As Jman has stated it's not much money. Sometimes even after soaking a carb you cant get some pasageways clean. I have switched to buying new carbs when I can rather than rebuilding them.

8. vipermanz

i think that might be an option now

9. Fish

Fish LawnSite Member

Why? What are the symptoms and what have you done?
    Fish

10. vipermanz

i took it as a demo piece at my small engine repairclass and the instructor who didn't no a dam thing he was doing tore the diaphragm, messed up the needle etc