CARB

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by FRANDAGG, Jan 1, 2001.

1. FRANDAGG

FRANDAGG LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE. I JUST ORDERED A EDELBROCK 1406 CARB WITH ELECTRIC CHOKE. IT IS GOING ON MY 77 WITH A PRETTY MUCH FACTORY 350. MY DAD AND I DISAGREE, WILL I NEED A NEW AIR CLEANER, FUEL LINE, ADAPTER PLATE. I HATE ADMIT IT BUT I KNOW HE IS RIGHT, JUST WANTED TO A FEW PEOPLE ABOUT THE SPECIFICS. THANKS AHEAD OF TIME.

2. 4x4k20

4x4k20 LawnSite Member
    from ga

dad is right you will need them

3. mike reeh

mike reeh LawnSite Member

The air cleaner should work but you will have to modify the fuel line and you will need an adapter plate which is highly undesireable IMO. Ever thought about getting the original Q on the truck redone? Do you have to pass emissions tests?

If you have all the stock vacuum lines hooked up still, and plan to keep it all hooked up, its going to be a bear getting it all working right with the performer carb. It would be nice to spend the extra money for the edelbrock quadrajet (or rebuild the current Q)

the performer will not run as well as the Q.

mike

4. fran

fran LawnSite Member
    from iowa

WELL I WENT AHEAD AND BOUGHT IT ANY WAY. IT WASN,T THAT BAD TO PUT ON. WE DON'T HAVE EMMISION LAWS IN IN IOWA. IT RUNS GREAT. A LOT MORE POWER BUT IT REALLY LIKES THE GAS, MY LEAD FOOT DONT HELP.