1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Career Change.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by K c m, Jun 4, 2006.

1. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

This year I graduated from college and droped about 40 customers. (mostly bi-weekely customers) and I kept 35. Reason for doing this is Im *hopefully* joining a local union in phila (took the test yesterday) Now I was wondering about machine repair maybe posting adds on commercial and residential mower etc repair and dropping the mowing gig all toghether next year. Has anyone done this before? I would think i could research belts and parts to come up with my own inventory list. Any suggestions?

Ps. I have worked on all kinds of machines so fixing them isn't a problem. thanks for your help.
  2. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

If you are fixing them im sure you can find many local LCOs who need things repaired daily but you gotta be able to do it quick

Shouldnt u have dropped 40 customers after you got the union job and not before you took the test?
  3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Joining a Union huh???? Well, there when your new Union job gets outsourced overseas make sure and remember that "Union".......THEY and their GREED is to blame for much of todays outsourcing.
  4. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

Mike...i gotta know...what is your profile picture of...?....prolly a stupid question....:hammerhead: :confused:
  5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

i LOVE IT.... but being black it doesn't represent me all that well lol. That guy looks like he means business.
  6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

It's me.....................

J/K!! :laugh: It's Paulie Walnuts from the Sopranos
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Wait a minute, if you're joining a Union, who cares, they're going to train you at your new job anyhow, right? I mean, what is it you need to know, whether it's profitable? So long you're working for someone else, you will get paid what they pay you.
  8. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

ok mike....i would hate to do business with him....lol....at least you know i;d always pay..i like my kneecaps....lol..