Cargo Securement in Michigan

Discussion in 'ProLockers' started by ProLockers, Dec 8, 2006.

1. ProLockers

ProLockers LawnSite Member

It has been brought to my attention that there were some concerns regarding the use of ProLockers in the state of Michigan. I did some more research on the regulations for the state of Michigan and found the article listed below.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7...0289--,00.html

According to the state of Michigan's site, they follow the North American Standard as enforced by the DOT & FMCSA regulations 393.102. This is what our prolockers testing was based upon so the prolockers product would be a suitable cargo securement system for those of you in Michigan. I just thought I would share this information to alleviate any concerns. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Have a great weekend!

Christina Quintero
    ProLawn Equipment Sales, LLC
    (772) 229-1690
    www.prolockers.com

2. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I did not find an article on that link just a home web page.

Yes MI had adopted that section into law. Are the prolockers stamped stating they meet the min standards of the FMCSA and/or do they have a WLL (working load limit) stamped on them?

I am in law enforcement and that is what we look for when checking securement. I have previously posted on this site that it appears they do meet the requirements.

3. ProLockers

ProLockers LawnSite Member

D&R Lawncare,

I apologize for the link. Once you reach that site if you input "cargo securement" into the search bar you will find the article i am referring to. For some reason the links to that article only refer to the home page.

The working load limit for prolockers is 1,500 lbs. This is not stamped on the prolockers themselves, but is listed in our glove box tear-out within the manual that comes with the products. It is stamped on the units that they meet or exceed the DOT/FMCSA requirements and in the future they will be stamped with the working load limits as well.

Thank you for helping me to clarify.

Have a great weekend.

Christina Quintero
    ProLawn Equipment Sales, LLC
    (772) 229-1690
    www.prolockers.com

4. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you very much for your help as well. I have training next month and this is exactly the info I was searching for to pass along. I will print out the pictures from your home page to show at the training session. The WLL is 1500 pounds. So you can have up to a 3000 pound machine per prolocker!!! Cant beat that for the price!!!!!!

thanks again