Cargo Trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Kutter, Oct 3, 2000.

1. Turf Kutter

Turf Kutter LawnSite Member

I have seen before in my old Pace American catalog I saw a side ramp door that was 36 through like 50 but I am really not sure. I know it was above 36.Does anybody know about this? I thought it was pretty cool on the enclosed but the new Pace catalogs it is not there anymore.I wonder why!!!!!Any more information about the side ramp for enclosed trailers will be appreciated.Thanks.

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Here is a Haulmark with the V front and ramp door.

[​IMG]

3. Turf Kutter

Hmmmm would`nt that front ramp hit the back of the truck? Do they have that in like a 15 foot trailer size?

4. KirbysLawn

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

That trailer is for snowmobiles, so they can drive right out of the front. But that door sounds like a good idea for a side mount. Don't see it offered on their site though. Tough site to navigate. They do make quality trailers.

6. Turf Kutter

In my opinion it looks kinda funny with the wheels partially under the trailer.

7. KirbysLawn

Dixie, I have a Haulmark so do others here, we all seem very happy with the quality and price. Another trailer is under the car hauler section... http://haulmark.com/fhp.htm

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

hey turfkutter, i too am going to purchase an enclosed trailer in the spring. through extensive research i narrowed it down to car mate and pace 7 by 16. the only problem was that pace didnt have the v-nose option. so i was curious and called the factory. she said they offer it as of now and starting production on a v-nose right this minute but they havent put out the new catalogs with them. i would call them and see if they are going to be offering the side door as well. i would also say to check with the open trailers. a lot of those manufacturers offer a side gate. try wrighttrailers.com.

9. Looks like it is probably a foot wider than if the trailer was set inside the axle housing?? That could be an advantage if the axles are speced to the weight.

We are converting to enclosed trailers this next spring. I anticipate a MAJOR reduction in support times for loading and unloading. Equipment only comes off or service. Locked in the trailer in our secure lot, sounds good to me.

10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

check out the Interstate west v-nose ATX. i think you can only get a 24' and higher but it has a front door that swings down like you were looking for. its at
    interstatewest.com/trailers