Carolina Panthers are for real

Discussion in 'Superintendent Forums' started by LarryAylward, Nov 11, 2013.

1. LarryAylward

LarryAylward LawnSite Member

The Carolina Panthers are getting better and better every week. Their defense stuffed the 49ers yesterday. This team is good — real good!

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Would agree.

3. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

yeah, I'm thinking that I would have to agree...sitting at 6-3 right now and seeing how good their D looked against the 49ers on Sunday, I'm thinking this team could make a run

only time will tell, but I tend to think Larry is right - this team is good

4. LarryAylward

LarryAylward LawnSite Member

In the AFC, Bengals look vulnerable. Chiefs and Pats aren't as good as they seem, and Denver could be in trouble without a healthy Peyton Manning. It's a wide-open road to the Super Bowl.

5. Michael J. Donovan

I agree...I thought the Bengals were for real this year until losing the last two games, both in OT, and, to me, good teams need to win those games. and Denver could be in trouble without Manning for sure, but the way they blew the playoff game last year to the Ravens, I'm not sure about them with or without Manning. the Pats are always a threat because of Brady but I don't think there is a clear cut team to beat in the AFC

in the NFC, the Saints look good but it appears they need to get home field advantage to advance as they are 5-0 at home, but only 2-2 on the road this year...maybe the Panthers ARE the team to beat

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Two words:

Who Dat!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Bet Alabama could bet those Panthers, Roll Tide!

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Cam Newton to Smith. Just about unstoppable duo. Cam really has matured. Smith has gotten even more scary:laugh:

9. Michael J. Donovan

I'm guessing that with Carolina beating the Pats last night more experts will be buzzing about the Panthers and talking about how good they are, if they are for real, etc., etc...with Cam Newton seemingly getting better as the season progresses and the solid defense that is in place, I think they definitely have the chance to make a Super Bowl run. not saying they are the favorite, but they are GOOD

10. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Even though I'm not a fan of cam, I however can respect him for evolving into a decent qb. Although they did get some help at the end of the game with getting the flag picked up. It was most definitely a defensive holding
    Posted via Mobile Device