Carpet Roses???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SJR Lawncare, Feb 14, 2001.

1. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know anything about Carpet roses??I have a customer who is interested in them. I have an meeting with him on Friday so I want to be well informed about them, I do know they are in bloom from early spring till Christmas,they are a ground cover & are good in full sun. Any other info will be greatly appreciated,

SJR

2. yorkridge

yorkridge LawnSite Member

I would notify Jackson and Perkins as they are a world class producer of roses of all kinds. I do not have carpet or ground cover roses but that is my best source.

3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Flower Carpet Roses are available in white, apple blossom pink and a dark fushia pink. They are very easy to grow, requiring very little specialized care. Pests don't seem to be much of a problem. Japanese Beetles do feed on them but they are so vigorous that it is not a major problem. They are grown by a few licensed growers but widely sold. Check at Imperial (now Shemins) for availability and pricing. There are other groundcover roses available under other names.

4. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

They are excellent ground cover. Semi drought tolerant (regular watering, better blooming), very hardy, and low maintenance. As Lanelle stated
    I use them quite often.