1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Carry-on??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grasscutter845, Jan 25, 2008.

1. grasscutter845

grasscutter845 LawnSite Member

Im looking to buy a new landscape trailer that will hold my wb and my new z. I was looking at the 6x12 trailer with a side gate that carry-on makes. Just wondering if anybody has one and if they are junk or not. This is the trailer-http://www.carry-ontrailer.com/product/6x12ATV_OT.htm

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Have you cheked out the dump trailers?:drinkup:

3. grasscutter845

What ones?

4. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I have the exact trailer you are talking about. Search my threads for pics. I works OK, but if I could do it all over again, I wouldn't buy it. It is made for ATV's, and it is kinda hard to load mowers onto because of the height of the trailer, but if you can find a good deal on a trailer like that, go for it.

5. lawnprofessional1

lawnprofessional1 LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I wouldnt buy that trailer. Is it one of those from Lowes?

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Carry one makes a decent trailer......like enforcer says....its made for atv's and thje gate is a lil short which makes the angle kinda steep and the mower doesnt like to load as good

wayne

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

8. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

Carry-ons suck. If you really want a list of why I can give you one, but I can tell you I'll never buy another one.

9. grasscutter845

Yea its from lowes. its 1500 but i think ill go with something else after hearing this. I really like the fact of the side gate so the wb can be loaded on the side and the z on the back so i dont have to pull one or the other off to use one it

10. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I have one good thing to say about carry-on. the vertical supports on the rails are pretty strong. We have ran the mower into them more than a few times and it just bent the edge a little bit. but thats the only good thing I can say about it! the pins that hold the gate closed, broke when we hit a bump. I believe that happened to either side too.