Carrying concealed while working

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rocklandls, Dec 14, 2012.

1. rocklandls

rocklandls LawnSite Member

I have been pondering the thought of carrying concealed while working. I have over $60k in tools and equipment in my trailer. Last month while mowing, I found someone in my trailer about to steal something. Today was the deciding point to carry at all times since I live only 30 minutes from the Newtown School shooting.

My question is who carries concealed while working and what is a good gun to carry that will stand up to the dirt and dust associated with landscaping/mowing and is small and comfortable enough to have while working?

2. HPI_Savage25

HPI_Savage25 LawnSite Member

I personally have never dealt with one but a few friends do construction and they like to carry a bodyguard 380 and he said he loves it. Small and compact. Built in laser also. Kinda cool.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Good gun but DO NOT rely on that laser not sell of them are accurate

4. jlong10

jlong10 LawnSite Member

I too plan on getting my cwp and carrying while working. I purchased a glock 26 yesterday and it seems to be compact enough to carry comfortably. I personally don't care for any sort of laser as it makes it easier for someone to locate you in the dark.

5. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I have carried a Ruger LCP for a couple of years now. No matter which you go with if you pocket carry like I have been you'll need to wipe it down frequently, I do it every evening with Rem wipes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

g36c assault rifle, carry it openly, sling over shoulder with a strap, no need to hide that I'm not playing here,
    comes with a 1.5x scope which is my favorite as they don't have a chance to shoot you first.

No, not all thieves come unarmed.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  7. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

+1 on the Ruger LCP.... that's what I've had for about 5 years. Stays out of the way.

8. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Mamm, your 2 weeks behind in your payments, also can you clean the dog crab up before I come next time.

9. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

After todays incident in Conn I'm getting my CWP and will be carrying soon. I hope I never have to, but let one of these crazies get near me and he had better hope he gets me first. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and today just made my mind up for me.

10. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

ill be carrying when i turn 21 with what happened today and over the past months. This past year i was cutting in chester pa for those of you who know what that is. I left my shotgun in my truck just incase(chester is like a mini philadelphia always shootings)