Carrying concealed while working

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rocklandls, Dec 14, 2012.

1. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

OH WELL! Just throwing crazy idea's out there

2. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Two hands is the only gun control i need!

3. H & M Yard Improvements

H & M Yard Improvements LawnSite Member

It's pretty sad if teachers have to pack heat!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

teacher don't HAVE to pack and never should be required to pack heat. if they want to by choice the school lets them that's fine. but there should never be a day when anyone but law enforcement and military are mandated to pack heat.

there are other alternatives in these situation.

5. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Can we please stay on topic here. The original poster said "My question is who carries concealed while working and what is a good gun to carry that will stand up to the dirt and dust associated with landscaping/mowing and is small and comfortable enough to have while working? " Ive read all 11 pages, and only a handful of replies addressed this persons original question.

I too am interested to hear what yall carry. I applaud the guys who simply answered the questions, and didnt become part of the Gun Control Debate. I dont mean to sound rude, and hope it doesnt come off that way. Ive been looking at concealed carry options, holsters, etc and hope to hear a few inputs from the guys who are carrying.

6. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

when I carry its my glock 40 cal with an inside the pants holster.

I don't carry when I work.

7. sgbotsford

sgbotsford LawnSite Member

Ok to answer the question: I don't carry. I live in a civilized country, so I don't need to. I keep a rifle for dealing with varmints. It comes out on an as needed basis.

Do you carry a first aid kit? Are you up to date in training? You are FAR more likely to use that training to save a life than you are to use a handgun to save your own.

8. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

springfield xd .45 friction holster. Don't usually carry while mowing do for a couple rough neighborhoods and when I'm plowing. Carry first aid kit and have up to date cpr training.

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Sig P229 .357
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Every adult who acquires a weapon allows even more children to have access to them.