1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Carrying concealed while working

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rocklandls, Dec 14, 2012.

1. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

You missed the gun debate already answer the ops original question or move on
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

My children are raised around gun safety, respect for guns, storage and proper gun usage, as was I and my father before me. I wish I could say the same about all gun owner parents but I cant. Gun education is a very important part of gun ownership and needs to be part of any family with weapons.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

think we need to close this thread before it turns heated.

the statement below is a very strong statement that I would gladly get into a very heated disagreement with but will refrain at this point.

I am a HUGE gun supporter. the right to bare arms should ALWAYS exist because it is one of our freedoms.

if we are gonna take away that right then we need to take away other rights as well. it's only fair trade.

4. Quix

Quix LawnSite Member

As to the original question....... a SW 642 bodyguard would be a good choice. Being stainless, light and no hammer to contend with. Also no dirt to enter where the hammer would be. A small glock also because of its resistance to dirt,grime. I carry a glock in my truck between console and seat. Sometimes I look and see it covered, especially during leaf season, have taken it out and it does whats its intended to do.......shoot. Just my 2 cents

5. Quix

Quix LawnSite Member

Originally Posted by herler
    Every adult who acquires a weapon allows even more children to have access to them.

Please please do not lump everyone into your own logic. If that is what you believe, thats your perogative. Not everyone should be armed. Not every cop is a "gun" guy, They see it as a tool to do their job. I see it as a tool in case a policeman is not standing beside me.

6. avernon0112

avernon0112 LawnSite Member

I carry a Ruger LCP inside the waist in the day time. I wear my shirt tucked in most of the time and it will fit in my pocket. If I am on the tractor all day or working at night I have a Beretta PX4 storm sc I wear on my hip. It has night sights and much better accuracy that the LCP.

You just have to know how to keep your cool in pressure situations. Some people just can not control their temper. Also you can't just shot someone over them stealing something. No matter how pissed you are you just can't go slinging guns around. That will land you in hot water. Like someone else said don't carry if you are not fully prepared and willing to use it to protect your life.

7. yardguy28

um that's debatable......

you bet your ass if someone is trying to steal ANYTHING I own personal or business and I have my gun handy I'm gonna shoot there ass.

it's called protection of myself and property and I most certainly would stay out of hot water doing it.

8. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

That would be funny to see you defend in court. He tried to steal a $200.00 weed wacker, so I shot and killed him Your Honor. Thats called Murder my friend. Deadly force is justified only when someones life is in danger, not a freaken weed wacker. There is no need to carry a gun while mowing lawns just get some damn insurance!

9. Tunica

Tunica LawnSite Member

Maybe you will stay out of hot water BUT you will deplete alot of your savings doing so.

10. yardguy28

umm I have yet to see someone die from being shot in the foot or leg.

you think I would actually shoot to kill over a trimmer???

my aim isn't the best but its not that bad. what the point in carrying or owning a firearm if you can't use it to protect yourself and property? I'm not gonna sit back and watch someone steal my stuff if I have a glock in my pocket that's just dumb.