Carrying concealed while working

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rocklandls, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Tunica

Tunica LawnSite Member

Your Point of "umm I have yet to see someone die from being shot in the foot or leg. "

Yes I have to many times to count there called ateries cut one count to 11. BINGO your now being tried for 2nd degree murder.
    Serious if you are threatened use what ever you feel is needed. Stuff can be replaced a life can't. Thinking you can use a weapon such as a gun or knife to protect property is as you put it just Dumb.

2. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

quite frankly I don't really feel the need to justify or explain myself to you.

3. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

357 and decided NOT to carry. Stays in my safe.

4. Tunica

Tunica LawnSite Member

Its ok buddy your right you dont have to I retired from law enforcement

5. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Weren't you banned topsites?

6. nepatsfan

Depends on the state. In mass or NJ you would go to jail for sure. Ever hear of Joe Horn or Castle Doctrine? It really depends on where you live whether or not you would go to jail over shooting someone for stealing from you.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Horn_shooting_controversy

Check that out. By the way, I'm not saying I disagree with you that it isn't justified to shoot someone for stealing from you. I'm just saying that it is legal in some states that if you feel you, your family, or your personal property is threatened you can legally shoot. There are some people that just shouldn't have guns ehh hmmmm(yardguy28)

7. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

When you point a firearm at someone and shoot it...that is called Deadly Force. You dont shoot someone to "hurt or injure them"....even if you shot someone and they didnt die, its called Attempted Murder or Assault with a Deadly Weapon. Its pretty simple really. You would be in jail. Even if you just POINTED the gun at them, you would be close to jail.

8. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

you guys who are trying to educate me about the laws are for one thing talking to a brick wall.

for another thing, I think I know what I'm doing. it's not like I haven't checked into what I can and can not do regarding my weapons. and it's not like I don't know people who have done just that and the law never bothered them even for a second.

I have a buddy who came home to a robber in his house. the robber tried to run with whatever he had in his hand and my friend shot him in the butt. police came but all they did was get his story and he filed charges against the robber. police left, robber went to hospital to treat the gun wound and my friend went inside his house and about his life.

9. nepatsfan

No one would think to try to educate you. You are incorrigible. You have every right to protect your parent's basement from intruders.

10. Tunica

Tunica LawnSite Member

Yea I agree you do as you think is best..But when you use a senario like your buddy use he was in his yard...not "I have a buddy who came home to a robber in his house"

Its not the same thing as your original post. Good Luck