Carrying concealed while working

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rocklandls, Dec 14, 2012.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

No need to leave the website. I may not agree with all your posts but its good to have different view points from different people. Thats how we all learn and grow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

for those in favor of more gun control, consider this.

liberal logic.jpg

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Of course it is. A site where everyone agrees is so borrrrrrring.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

They dont want to consider that. Hell all they want to do is answer the easy question , how. Simple to answer once the facts come out. The question they will avoid like the friggen plauge is the one we should be asking, why.

5. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

well I guess I could stick around a bit longer.

we NEED better gun control. gun control is NOT removing guns completely from law abiding citizens though.

background checks need to be stricter. I know every time I've purchased a firearm I'm out the door in 5 min from purchasing it.

I also know guns aren't for everyone. no employer except the law enforcement and military should ever be mandating there employees carry a weapon. the school systems need to step up and hire proper security. mandating teachers carry firearms is not the answer.

what parent wants there child to spend each and every day with a teacher who has a gun in there pocket. I sure wouldn't. these massacres are too far and few between to be requiring every teacher have a gun but to deadly to not do something. that something is security outside the doors each and every min that building has students in it.

6. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

Because Lawnsite is a social place made up of responsible, professional & personable members(including yourself) your post was extremely contrary to our unspoken standard of consideration for the safety & well being of others & has received an appropriate rebuttle. However there aren't enough good people like ourselves so we want you to stick around but strive to admonish you to step up your concern for others (as you've already considered). This is how church is supposed to run actually. I know I've had to change my way of thinking hundreds of times becoming a better person(don't ask my wife to concur).
    Now let's all have a good day with our family & friends.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

The shooter stole the guns. What would more background checks have done? Should there also be a question on the form " do you have any messed up kids living in the household where these guns will be stored"?

8. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

That's how my school is every middle school has a officer and call buttons and the hs have 2 officers and up and some schools you have to go through metal detectors every school in my city except elementary schools has at least 1 armed officer
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I love how the media keeps saying that the firearms were purchased legally. Yes, they were purchased legally but they were STOLEN by the gunman from the person who purchased them legally.

10. CL&T

CL&T LawnSite Senior Member

I'll tell you, I tend to be very liberal- but not when it comes to guns and gun control and the liberal media that spins everything to make it look like taking guns away from everybody will solve the problem.