1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Carrying/Protecting My Echo Pole Saw

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Rick13, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Rick13

Rick13 LawnSite Senior Member

Just looking to see what everyone else uses to transport their Pole Saws.

I've got a 16 foot dump trailer, and I was thinking of hanging it off the side on the extension walls (on the outside) and looking to see what other people use to carry and protect their pole saws.

I thought if I built a wooden box/case that I could lock the pole saw when not in use at a job site. So I thought of making a case....but having a case would interfere with a future sign on the outside of the dump trailer.

And it's too long to fit in the rear bed of the truck....so that's options is out. And the front of the dump trailer has a roll up tarp. So no space up front either.

Any ideas?????

Dump Trailer with Pole Saw Box.jpg

Attached Files:

2. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought the same pole saw. I got the telescoping one. I also got the extended reach hedge trimmers. I have a totally different truck set up. The pole saw was a challenge. I just made sure it couldn't bounce around. Look like the place you have it is the only option I can tell.
  3. billc1004

billc1004 LawnSite Member

how hard is it to get the mowers into the trailer any deck rubbing ?
  4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

5. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I've got the biggest/longest reach Echo they make and have had it in my trimmer rack since new with no problems, so anyway you decide to mount it should be fine. I like the idea of the box to keep it out of the elements though as you said it would hinder your future sign.

In your situation I'd fab up some brackets similar to GrenTouch's pole saw bracket adapter. Or use the GreenTouch brackets like magilla12 in the power pruner thread.

Several posted pictures in this power pruner thread
  6. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

You need to protect your investment. I suggest going to a fabricator and having a box made out of Diamond plate Aluminum. With proper hinges and inset locks your would have maximum all weather protection, still be able to affix your sign on the outside of the box. Good hunting.
    easy-lift guy
  7. Rick13

Hi Billc,

I don't use the dump trailer for mowers.....I have a red load trail trailer I use for the mower.
  8. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, nice platinum F450. Somebody has got some coin.
  9. Rick13

Thanks, Oakleaf Landscape. I got a good deal on trading in My 2011 F250 and Ford discount/w rebates were $10,000 (Not including trade in and extra money down).

The F450 controls the dump trailer amazing!!! I am usually pulling 12,000 to 14,000 of organic compost on the highway....and its nice to know everything is rock solid!!! Compared to My 2011 F250 (swd) it felt like it was just not stable at highway speeds (65 mph)...and the F250 even had air bags too.

So it was a better move to make the jump up to the F450. Which is night and day different then the F250/F350s.
  10. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Nice set up.

off topic who did you use for your web site? Everything looks really clean it shows customers you care.
    What did you use to get the rims to match your truck?