Cars in Driveways

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by rlc321, Jul 14, 2004.

1. rlc321

rlc321 LawnSite Member

What do you guys do when your costumers cars are parked in the driveway 2 inches from the grass? Do you ask them to move it or try your best to cut around it. I keep thinking that sooner or later I am going to damage their car and have a claim on my Ins.
    Thanks Ron
  2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

If I can safely cut & trim around them then I will not bother the client, but if there is any doubt I politely approach them and explain why they need to move the car, I have never had any problems yet:)
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

exactly what I do.
  4. primecutmo

primecutmo LawnSite Member
    from SWMO

me too thats what i do
  5. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

I never ask to move I just do what I can without damage.

If it means no edge or trim.
  6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

ron--dude, if you got 2 inches clearance I see no issue.

7. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I live/work in a resort area and do many HOA's. No way to ask everyone to move. We cut around them. It is a mad house here in the summer. Sometimes as many as 10 cars at one house. In the drive, on the lawn, in the street.
  8. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

If I can work around it, I don't bother them. If I need it moved I ask once. The next time I just skip what I can't do due to the obstruction and explain to them in the bill why the area wasn't serviced.
  9. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

how do you like your Gravely 34z? Does it work OK on the small berms and banks found in the Space Coast area?

Do you do any canal props, with the small back yards, pools and docks, and is the 34Z manuverable enough in these tight areas?

I ask the question for myself and "The MANY Others" who are interested in this mower as well as other small Zs....

.....and that is why I don't just PM you.....
  10. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

It's okay, just remember to bring your
    kenny :angel: