Carson valve box lids

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by gunsnroses, Mar 15, 2013.

1. gunsnroses

gunsnroses LawnSite Senior Member

If I understand correctly.....carson is not around, or bought out (whatever I cant find the old style replacements)? I need to replace lids from round 6 and 10 inch. Not really wanting to replace the whole box. What are yall doing for the solution? Universal type, or what else fits?

Thanks

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

My supplier, Ewing, has tons of Carson boxes and lids for sale and listed on their website. Maybe your supplier just stopped carrying them.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I saw a brand shift a while back, and the suppliers explained it was because Carson had bumped the prices.

4. gunsnroses

Thanks,
    We have an Ewing in here in the state that is going to order me some from Arizona.
    DanaMac... the name sounds familiar, I had lived in Dolorado in the past, did you happen to work for CoCal in the past?

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

No, I haven't. And I'm not sure where Dolorado is :) Colorado, yes. Dolorado, no.

6. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Due to design changes, newer Carson lids may not fit older boxes.

I'm sure 'Dolorado' is a typo... he probably meant 'Dullorado' :laugh: but no matter where you live, life is only as exciting as you make it or want it.

7. Wet_Boots

How many of you guys use NDS boxes? I see them at home center stores, and I believe they are not the same thing NDS sells as "pro" boxes, but I see more of them (the home center versions) in the field these days.

8. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

I've never used them but seen them. The lids are a pain to get on and probing usually results in a broken lid.:hammerhead:

9. gunsnroses

So far it is a no go. It seems Carson stopped making the old style. Ewing only has the newer style. I have a call in to Carson to see what they can do, and waiting to hear back. I believe it is model 0708-00-tc-2

10. Wet_Boots

There are supposed to be some 'universal' lids for the 6-inch boxes. 10-inch, I don't know. Since most boxes are now sold with overlapping tops instead of the older 'drop-in' style lids, you may not find exact matches.