CASE 400 series 3 machines released for ordering

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Feb 4, 2008.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The Series 3 machines are released for ordering. My salesman has a guy who is interested in buying my 440. He asked what I wanted for mine. I really don't want to sell it but for the right number everything I own is for sale. The Series three machines can now be ordered so I built one the way I want.

The 440 got an increase to 90 hp and the ROC stayed at 2200.

I picked the following options
    Hyd. Coupler
    Heat/AC with glass door (heavy demo door is an option)
    64" wide with 12X16.5 tires
    72" hd extended lip bucket
    lift cylinder guard
    proportional aux. hyd control
    aux. front hyd. controls
    Interior mirror
    Interior trim
    noise reduction package
    Aspirator
    Pilots H pattern
    radio
    rotating beacon
    Ride control
    2-speed
    Block heater.
    Deluxe air seat with with heat in the seat.

I should find out what it will cost tomorrow or the next day.

2. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

90 hp is impressive for a machine that size. Is this the new style pressurized cab?

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The cab is pressurized. It has more lighting around the cab and of course air/heated seat. I am awaiting the email address for the dozer guy by the way.

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I see you didn't specify the "better than Cat" package. :laugh: If I make it to ConExpo, I'll definately have a look at this new series. Any technical information about the pressurized cab yet?

5. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

When you get it post up some pictures. I hope they put more glass in the door for better visibility. Other than that, that is my only thing I have a problem with. It will be amazing with that much Hp. that thing will be a beast. Hope they put a bigger fuel tank on it.

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

No I don't have any specific info on the pressurized cab. The "better than Cat" has been available since CAT built their first skid steer. C'mon Scag you know that.:cool2:

The cab design is completely redesigned. I have seen the pictures and the look of the cab is completetely changed. The fuel tank according to the info I selected the components off of said that tank was 22 gal.

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I guess the only gripe I've had against Case skid steers is the lack of refinements, they were always the utilitarian brand. It is definately refreshing to see new, modern features in the cabs of the machines like air ride seats and pressurizing the cab needed to be invented 5 years ago anyway, so it's nice to see Case step up to Cat's level with pressurized cab. At this point, if my dad had a local Case dealer that was easy to work with, I would be hard pressed to say that he'd continue to run Cat unless they start producing something stellar in the size class he wants.

I'm not going to bash Case's ability to build a workhorse machine, either. 2200 ROC and radial lift with 90 horses? Holy crap, what a beast. Only other question I have is fuel consumption, how much fuel are you burning per day with the 82 horse 440?

8. BIGBEN2004

I want to see pictures too. Please tell me where I can see the new pictures....:waving:

9. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

What is the difference in these ..........proportional aux. hyd control
    aux. front hyd. controls

Is the machine high flow?

Also did you ask about if they had changed or already had the heavy duty axiles discussed here before for use with your new track system ? This is something that i would want to know for sure about the new machine !

Keep us posted,and good luck:usflag:

10. BIGBEN2004

I thought the whole weak axle thing was back in the 1840 and 1845 machine days. As far as I know they beefed up the axles when the XT series came out. I might be wrong but I think that is true.