Case 580 Super L rental

Discussion in 'Rental Equipment' started by Petr51488, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

What would be the going rate for a rental of a case 580 super L. Does 15.00 an hour sound reasonable? What do you guys pay per hour who use them?

2. NateV

NateV LawnSite Senior Member

Wait i dont understand what your asking. do you have a machine and want to know if $15 bucks is a enough to charge someone? Or so you want to rent your machine out to other companys? Here is about $1000 for a month to rent a backhoe in the winter to load salt. One guy we know does that and they have some kind of wire or something welded on the hoe where the back bucket is so you cant use it or else it would cost more.

3. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

$15 an hour?...no way...even if it is an older machine we charge $110 an hour w/operator

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I think he wants to rent one, not really sure. $225 for an 8 hour day is about what they go for around here. I've seen up to $265 per day, but things are pretty expensive out here.

5. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Our deere dealer is $310 a day, or $2800 a month for a 310SG, which is the same size as a 580. Other rental place is $325 a day for a cat hoe, but not sure on the model #.

6. Petr51488

from NJ

I'm not looking to rent out to someone. I know someone who is renting one out to people. Its a newer backhoe. I just think its way too cheap. This is without an operator.

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

@ $15.00 an hour that is a great rate. There would be no reason to own one, if someone was willing to rent it so cheap.

8. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

We are seeing some of that non-sense.....last couple years its been too easy to get into iron, anyone with a pulse qualified, and now that things are tightening up, those late comers are trying to get anything they can before the machine goes back to the bank/dealer. At $15 an hour you are going backwards in a hurry.........just plain foolish and lack of knowledge and business sense.

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

You can't even rent a rubber tired backhoe at most rental places that deal with homeowners. I wouldn't be renting a backhoe for 15 dollars per hour especially when its so easy to distroy the machine.

10. Petr51488

from NJ

I completely agree with you guys. What would be the normal going rate?