1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Case 580 Super L rental

Discussion in 'Rental Equipment' started by Petr51488, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

A backhoe should never be bare rented it would be with a operator only unless the person renting the backhoe is a operator.

All it takes is some idiot running the machine to slash a tire on a rock there goes the rental profit.
  2. Canon Landscaping

Canon Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I rent a 4x4 310 from hertz all the time for 450 a week they all have less than 1000 hours. I don't understand why the rent on the same size excavator is double? I think I was quoted like 900 a week for a tb175.
  3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Well, the renter would be responsible for any damage to the machine while in his possession.
  4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

You can only charge stuff to a customer who you can prove did the damage. Dents, dings, that stuff may go unnoticed upon return and even then, who's to say what the price for that little dent in sheetmetal is actually worth? Pin and bushing wear you absolutely cannot pin on anyone, yet all rental machines that I've ever seen end up having a lifespan of less than half of what they would if they were to see proper use and good maintenance.