CASE 580sm has arrived!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mrsops, Dec 7, 2012.

1. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

Been looking for some time now and finally came across a nice CASE backhoe. It was delivered today!! KSSS will be happy LOL

2005 CASE 580sm series 2

2067 hours
    Wobble sticks
    4in1 bucket
    ride control
    heat no air
    4x4 extendahoe
    aux hydraulics
    Brand new 12' protech snow pusher

I just have a few questions on the ride control feature can you leave it on all the time?? Or is it just for when your driving in streets? for instance if im plowing snow do i leave it on or off??

DSC05172.jpg

DSC05173.jpg

DSC05174.jpg

DSC05175.jpg

DSC05176.jpg

DSC05177.jpg

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

you would want if off while pushing snow. There are accumulators that act as shock absorbers on the lift cylinders. So it would have no effect while pushing. However while you are roading it and while carrying a full load in the front bucket it will keep the machne from "tortising" when your moving at higher speeds. Very good looking machine. Nice find with such low hours.

3. mrsops

Ok I got it now thanks ksss!!

4. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Beautiful machine congrats! What made you choose the case over a Deere or cat?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mrsops

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Like sean said, beautiful machine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

very nice machine, looking forward to updates on how it works out for you, congrats

8. Dan85

Dan85 LawnSite Member

Congrats on the new purchase. We have three backhoes, but the one that I get for snow is our Case 580. It's a great machine and I absolutely love pushing snow with it, I much prefer this to any of the loaders we run during the winter. Two wheel drive works fine for pushing, rarely do I put it into four wheel.

On our machine, it's difficult to clip the boom back into place - you can't get it to swing back far enough. One trick one of the other operators taught me is to find something to push the extendahoe against to help give the boom those few extra inches to get it to lock into place. Anyways, figured I would mention it for whatever it's worth.

9. mrsops

Dan i cannot belive you just said that. I took the boom out to dig And i cant get it back in. Its in my yard still like that.. I have a friend coming tomm to help me put it back in.. Let me ask you something what if there is no place to push the extendahoe against now what?? Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

is the snow pusher that much more effective for pushing snow than the backhoe's shovel?