CASE backhoe rodeo experience

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Jun 10, 2007.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I took part in the backhoe rodeo held at the local CASE dealer this weekend.

I am not in danger of having to plan a trip to Vegas and I don't have to worry about what I would do with a new Super M.

The black 50th Anniversary backhoe is awesome looking. The pictures on the net don't do it justice.

The events were as follows:

Using a 4 stick CASE Super M move a balance beam with two softballs on it from one rack to another. I did well on that. First time ever running a 4 stick hoe.

The next was using an SAE equipped hoe pickup varies sized balls off of stands and put them in a bucket. Similiar to the LinkBelt trackhoe game at ConExpo.

The last was using ISO controls put several different shaped objects suspended on a chain into corrosponding cutouts.
    That was hard. Especially since I don't run ISO.

I got a cool shirt and hat and free lunch and had a good time. A lot of guys there. I felt a little better since many run backhoes for a living and they did no better than I did. Still I was expecting to make a better showing than I did. If anyone has an opportunity to take part it is fun.
  2. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

PLEASE show some pic. sounds like an awesome time I wish i was there.
  3. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

yea i heard about that...i wanted to go at the dealer near me but couldnt...i did some searching on the net though and saw more pictures of that black backhoe with the frosted graphics was actually my desktop background for a while...that thing is sweet....i wish they would just start putting those chrome stacks on all their machines
  4. cddva

cddva LawnSite Member

KSSS- You know your hardcore When.... you spend your day off running equipment for fun!! So, are you ready to go back to the future and trade-in the TB153 for the new SuperM?! Thanks for sharing the experience.
  5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm still waiting for the Rodeo to hit WA in July. Hope some of the other WA guys on here make it out to Western Power & Equipment to take part in the rodeo. Sounds like I probably won't do terribly well, I never run 4 lever, but at least it'll be a good time. Thanks for the info about the rodeo, gotta find a machine to practice on in the meantime, I haven't been on any iron in about 2 months.
  6. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

its ashame so many new machines are going with the excavator style controls these days...i wouldnt take one of them over the case 4 lever anyday...we have 2 superM's and i wouldn't want to run anything else
  7. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Anyone have the Rodeo Schedule?
  8. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Scag -- hit me hard when the rodeo comes to town... Case is the only major dealer I haven't visited (them and Bobcat, but I mean of the full-line equipment manufacturers).
  9. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

It comes to my town in July. I'd like to give it a shot, but I have limited seat time on a hoe, mainly loading trucks. There are some fellas around here that are pretty slick at running hoes.
  10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Give it a try Dozerman.

I spend zero time in a backhoe and it probalby showed but some of the guys that do did not fair any better. The guy that won the contest here has an M and a M plus. Seems only fitting I guess. Regardless of the seat time you have, I would give it a shot. The hats are way cool as is the T shirt.