1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Case on Ironplanet

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Lawnworks, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I aint registering just to view some equipment but.....

I ran a NEFF rental 420ct case with only 400 hours and i was impressed by it... it was fast,,, you, well i am kinda short and i have trouble seeing the cutting edge on a bobcat but i had no problem with the case...... the only thing i didnt like bout it was you had very little to no visibility behind you....
  3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Those where some awesome deals.

The used market is really saturated.
    It is a buyers market for sure.
  4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Even at those prices, I would have snatched one up PDQ!
  5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I almost bought two of them! I bid 20k, and missed out by a few dollars. For those of you that can't see them, they were Case 420cts w/ 30 hours that went for 20.5k and 21k.
  6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

They were a real steal of a deal.
  7. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

They're clean looking too!
  8. stasek

stasek LawnSite Member

I was watching them as well... :) I started looking at skid steers recently, but I wasn't quite ready to pull the trigger. Last week I stopped by Ritchie Bros auction in IL, but for the most part, the prices seemed much higher. I debated picking up an '06 ASV SR70 w/ 1-2 hours for $23-25K, but again - couldn't justify getting one just yet.
  9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I was away from the computer for a week during that auction. I was going to put a priority bid on one but I forgot. What a great deal. It looks like a lot of stuff went cheap. Check out the 03 Mack Granites with 200K went for 41K. The other CTLs also went cheap. The 07 440 wheeled machine went for 25K. It was a stripped machine but still about 5K under new.
  10. westcoh

westcoh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alberta

Quite a coincidence. . .saw a case 420ct advertised for sale locally that I'm interested in. Came on here to do a bit of research on the 420ct as I'm not real familiar with them and came across this thread. Turns out the machine I found for sale is the same one as the link above http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/175811?h=405,2026

It's advertised for sale here for $29,500 Canadian.

Anyone here have any experience with a 420ct or any Case ctl's? Comparing it to similar machines on the Case website it certainly specs out well on paper, but obviously that doesn't tell the whole story.