Case Problems????

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Krafty, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

For all of you Power tan boys. My 85xt went down today. Here is waht I know. My foreman was running it for a half day this morning. It has for sure at least 8- 10 gallons of fuel in it. He ran down the hill into a back yard to dump some rock. Shut the machine off and jumped out to help the labor. Jumped back in to dump the rock. When he went to start the machine it just cranked and no fire. We have had problems in the past with the rubber fuel lines breaking and gettin air into the system. I have checked the fuel lines and the inline fuel filter, all seem to be in very good condition, less then a year old. Blead out the fuel filter, and cracked the injectors to blead out the air. Cylinder number 3 has tons of fuel pressure shoots up about a foot and a half when cranking, but cylinder 2 and 4 seem to have terrible pressure just a dribble of fuel comming out. Any one have any ideas where am I going wrong here or what am I missing?? Any help would be greatly apperciated!!

2. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

The rubber lines to the filters getting a crack and letting air was my first thought. Mine did that. Check your fuses to make sure you didn't pull a wire loose trying to prime it. Change both the spin on and inline filters. When fuel filters go, they go right now. I change all of mine at least twice a year.

3. Blue Goose

Blue Goose LawnSite Senior Member

Does it have a mechanical or electric lift pump?

4. Krafty

Male, from St. Louis MO

My first thought was a crack in the rubber line as well. I may replace them tom just to be sure. It cranks though so I would think that it can't be anything electrical, does this make sense?? The inline filter was replaced last summer and the water separator one I am not sure on I may try that as well tom. It has the mechanical lift put that was replaced two years ago, it seems to be pumping well though, but like I said I am pretty mechanically inclined but then again there is reason I am a landscaper not a mechanic

5. Blue Goose

Blue Goose LawnSite Senior Member

This won't help you now but, sometime when you get a chance post up what the Case part# is for your filters. I have a set of filters here that if they are the correct ones you can have.

6. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

Well, you bought a case.

[​IMG]

7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

:mad: :nono: No soup for you!

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Yea anyone with a Darth Vader Avitar has real issues.:hammerhead: Obviously they cant be trusted to have an informed decision on a quality skid steer OEM.

9. Krafty

Male, from St. Louis MO

Thanks!! I will check thoese numbers tommorow. I just hope I can get the dang thing figured out tommorow. I don't even what to know what Lubby charges to take a look at something in the field.

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

It is likely something simple.