1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Case Skid Steer Question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by E.B, Aug 14, 2008.

1. E.B

E.B LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Just wondering, on the new series case skid steers,do you have to order it with sealed and preasureized or is that standard on all cabed machines??
  2. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know the answer but too me it would make sense for Case to only offer one cab configuration (most likely a sealed cab) from a smart financial standpoint.
  3. Johnny-CAT!

Johnny-CAT! LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

a case????:dizzy: they would definitely not put on pressurized cab on there heap of junk!! ha ha ha just screwing around!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
  4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

It should be sealed. Whats the problem?
  5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

well i know of one problem... its a case... then the next would probably be its a case... hahahahaha sorry for hi jacking your thread, ksss just left himself open!!
  6. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know if it's standard or not but my buddy is a Case salesman (ex Bobcat) and while they don't have a sealed cab unit in their yard he was at the Case dealer in Sussex WI and ran one for about 1/2 an hour. He told me that the pressurized cab will not keep tha cab free of dust and he doesn't know what standard Case used to justify the claim.
  7. iron peddler

iron peddler LawnSite Member
    from midwest

at some point you will hopefully learn to pick your battles a little better....a little bit of smart ass goes along ways..
  8. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

So it sounds like another manufacturer has put out a claim that they may not be able to back up with 100% certainty, all I can hope is they work on it and achieve a dust free cab very shortly.
  9. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I still don't see how a pressurized cab will help much since one the outer filters get dirty dust will come in and every time the door is opened it is always like a vacuum that pulls all the dust in from the out side and fills the cab with dust. I still say the only way to keep a dust free cab is to once a week or so take a air hose to the inside and blow out the cab.
  10. Nel-Martin

Nel-Martin LawnSite Member
    from ON

what i have done in the T190 is take a garden hose and washed it out then take a rag and clean it an wash it out again with the hose , air hose take's the dust out but then there still is mud an sh*t at the foot board area:D