Case TR320 Questions

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by JNB Construction, Jan 20, 2014.

1. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I always liked Lucas. I used to try the hand crank Lucas display and it worked fine. :) but it did slow the leaks in my final drive on my Tushhogg and I also use it some of my other machines. I don't use synthetics just regular oil.

2. 74inchShovel

74inchShovel LawnSite Member

I feel your pain- was working on a loader valve today, and the dealer says no internal parts are serviceable. I cant so much as get an O ring. Went to a local Hydraulic shop, he can source anything, and will rebuild for a small fraction of new. Might be an option?

3. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

I've been PMing with ksss and he's given me a few options. I'll let you guys know what happens

4. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

5. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

6. JNB Construction

Thanks for the links. I appreciate it.

7. JNB Construction

Just an update. CASE tells me that the final drive is not serviceable at the dealer level. I guess I can understand that from a warranty standpoint. The dealer has offered to remove the Bonfiglioli final and drive motor, and send it to a hydraulic shop that believes they can repair it.

I guess my point is...they're making it sound like this leak is a big deal and I'm just not understanding. If the drive motor unbolts from the final, it looks like a fairly simple repair (in the scheme of things). Maybe they have to be separated by pressing the motor and shaft assembly out of the final? I don't know and either does the service department apparently. I'm going to head down there and see for myself on Monday before making the decision to send the final out.

Sorry for the wordy stuff, but since I've been informed that CAT and Deere CTLs also use this system, maybe it'll help someone out in the future.

8. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

9. JNB Construction

Yep, that's the one I'm looking at. I believe that seal #10 (closest to the drive motor) on the schematic is the problem. What I don't know is if its #10 or #10A on the part listing. 10A makes more sense.

It doesn't look to be anything that would involve a preload or press.

10. JNB Construction

I did find out that the final/motor assy on the other side was replaced during warranty on 3/13 for the same problem.

One things for sure. The dealer wants close to 7K to replace the complete final/motor assy. I'm not about to spend that much for a dang seal.

I'm not bagging on CASE or Bonfiglioli. I know that stuff happens, and I still think that I made a good decision going with this machine. I'm just anxious to get this issue resolved and get it to work, which I have plenty of!