Casey's Mowing & Landscaping.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by caseysmowing, Sep 16, 2013.

1. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

I highly recommend a stander for your first mower. Buy a trailer to grow into. I'd go used on a trailer if you can find what you want. I never did and bought a junk carry on trailer new. The business I bought actually was from a county cop. He is one of 2 in the county. Very smart guy and can do anything with his hands. Best of luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

I was going to go with a new Gravely Pro-Turn w/ bagger, got a good price on it with 0% interest for 48 months.

3. Tyler259

Tyler259 Banned

What's your other job? Congrats on the success.

4. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

you mean you have the wrong equipment to be efficient doing fall clean ups, and you don't charge enough! Because I just can't get enough of fall clean ups. my income doubles once I start doing fall clean ups. Its insane, and I'm not even on the high end for pricing.

looks good! do you find it much easier to save money now that you are debt free. I paid for my mower and bagger with cash but I have loan out on my 18' 2013 big tex 10pi and my 2013 bri mar 7x14hd dump trailer but I know i will only have the loan out on them for 1 year. I could pay the landscape trailer off now but I really need a second truck for general use as a back up.

5. caseysmowing

Actually that was the mower I almost got before the cheetah. It really depends on the area/properties you are targeting. 0 percent for 4 years is hard to beat. You must have good credit for these offers. I did 2 years at 0 percent on the cheetah everything else cash I had saved.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. caseysmowing

Posted via Mobile Device

7. caseysmowing

CNC operater. Thank you!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

to have 12k in the bank and only be debt free for a month is pretty good unless part of that 12k is from previous months. for me fall clean ups are much quicker paced then mowing because, everyone wants their clean ups done before thanksgiving and I went to key west in the beginning of november which could have been a full work week, but I didn't lose any work or money because I wasn't home, but I could have worked and gotten a lot done.

9. caseysmowing

I could of been debt free last year this time but I wouldn't have had any money to start up next year. I'm always buy new stuff so cash flow goes up and down. What I mean by slower pace is that I only can do one to two jobs a day. These are bigger jobs. So it's not like mowing where you stop for 25 mins then back in the truck to the next.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Morgan Higgins 100

Morgan Higgins 100 LawnSite Member

im about to finish my second round of leaves now, and to have a third after thanksgiving just to get the last bits of the leaves that are holding on to the trees, it takes time but hey cant complain about it to much!!