Casey's Mowing & Landscaping.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by caseysmowing, Sep 16, 2013.

1. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

that is why growing too big too fast isn't good, there is nothing wrong with growing slower and using all cash to do so or almost all cash. you atleast want to be able cover all your operating expenses with cash, if you have to use credit just run your day to day operations you screwed up somewhere, either you took out too many loans at once, or don't charge enough for your work, or it could be both. I'm not saying either of you do but, but a lot of bigger guys do because they blew up over night and don't know how to handle that kind of money. it happened to me. I went from 16k my first year in business to 52k the next and didn't know what to do with all the money i was getting from storm clean ups so hired two guys and spent a lot of money there and just plain wasted a lot of cash. but I have learned from my mistake and now am much better at handling my finances.

2. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Going full time has always been the plan. When is really the question. Planning on starting a family this year won't be good for the business but business isn't everything. I would like to get a helper next year and see how it goes for a year. Then see where I'm at in life. I know I can't do the day job for the next 30 years or do I think manufacturing type jobs will be around for that long. When the time is right I will make the move.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. caseysmowing

[​IMG]

Christmas card to clients and family.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. caseysmowing

The Monster!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Tyler259

Tyler259 Banned

Soo many leaves! lol. I'm looking forward to winter.

6. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

Cool thread Casey and nice work. It's always cool to see other people doing top quality work. I hope you find more work than you can handle and can quit your day job!

7. caseysmowing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FInished her up today!! It's bad when you are happier that it's done then you are about the money. Much better than last year, only took 62 man hours (50 of mine and 12 of the full time hand). Still not enough money for this size of job. I wish I would have snapped a few pics of the house and back yard and guest house. I think I did 20 couple loads all together. Just happy it's done!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. caseysmowing

Thank you! Im already there for PT but not for FT work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. caseysmowing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a few from today. I never take before and after on leaf jobs. I'm in too big of a hurry. Love the leaf plow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. caseysmowing

One thing I like about a Dixie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device