1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cash it?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bobbygedd, Dec 6, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

so you have a client, you been fighting to get your money from her. she finally mails the check. the name of your business is " bobs landscaping." she mailed a check, and it is made payable to, "bills landscaping." so, i call her and tell her she made an error. she says just cash it, no big deal. would ya cash it?
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I assume you actually meant deposit it since banking regulations do not allow you to "cash' a check made payable to a business....

but of course you don't really want an answer anyway as this is just another pointless thread by the midgetman on a trolling mission anyway/
  3. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

she probable did it on purpose
  4. bobbygedd

from NJ

"cash it" IS THE SAME AS DEPOSIT IT. they don't allow me to "cash" checks made out to my business. simply stamp the back, and send it in. this however, is not the point. the point is, would you deposit it, cash it, ACCEPT IT?
  5. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes accept it be glad you finally got your money
  6. bobbygedd

from NJ

but it's not made payable to my business. by endorsing (or stamping) the back of the check, that is not made payable to me, isn't this illegal? somebody, quick, call dunkin donuts, so we can get geo's opinion on this
  7. C&KLawnCare

C&KLawnCare LawnSite Member

Since when ???? Every check i have gotten if it was made out to C&K Lawncare I can cash it or deposit it , I just sign my name and owner on the back to endorse it
  8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

they found me. damn suggarged jelly all over the keyboard now.

bob--I say you are out of luck. you should tear that check into a million pieces and go back to that customer and apologize for harassing her. and tell her you will be sending her a gift during next years customer appreciation week.

make us proud again like we once were of you.

9. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

You don't know????? :dizzy:
  10. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is what I would do. I would endorse the back of the check by signing Bill's Lawn Service. Then I would endorse it with my stamp and deposit it. I'd never hear anymore about this because there is no fraud involved.

When you endorse a check you are the guarantor that all prior endorsements are OK. There is no one who has a prior claim now on this check.