Cash only LCO's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by venecular, Aug 5, 2004.

1. venecular

venecular LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

How many of you guys accept cash only? I was considering only accepting cash next year because I have received numerous bad checks this year and it is usually a B$$ch getting the money. I am just tired of the hassle.
  2. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I don't have any cash customers but i can sympathize with you regarding bounced checks. When i can, I cash all of the checks at their respective banks. It's the best way to find out right away who's good and who isn't. Since I'm in the truck, if I had a bad check, I would make a quick visit to make things right.

No lawn would get done again until the check was taken care of.
  3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Most of my customers aren't home when I mow. Collecting each time would be impossible.

I haven't had a bad check yet (knock on wood), but that customer would be responsible for any penalties I incur if I did get one.
    And if it happened a second time from the same customer, they'd be history.

It's all a part of business.

Besides, we charge sales tax and it makes for an uneven number or change. It would never work for me to try to collect cash. I'd have to walk around with a change belt on all day! LOL!
  4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Venecular, around here a call to the Sherriff's office will get a warrant on a deadbeat check bouncer in a heart beat. Have you filled a charge on these turds??
  5. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I could go cash only.
  6. LHLawns

LHLawns LawnSite Member

I received a bad check a couple of weeks ago (the first one in a couple of years), anyway these people are being very difficult. Maybe they don't know they committed a criminal offense? Who knows, what exactly is my course of action as far as the law is concerned?
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Cash???!!! What the hell is that I ask...
  8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

That's the stuff the wife always has a handful of. Rarely seen by my eyes.
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Nest, at least one of ya has it...LOL
  10. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Me too ! :(