Cash with NO tax?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Slcareco, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, I'm working on my service agreement at the moment and I'm stumped on the whole billing option/ payment option. Should I state that if they pay in cash they are not applicable for taxes?? and the opposite for checks? Also should i have other billing options other then monthly as performed?

What do you guys do? Do you send the invoice out with the charge or taxes and have a note saying omit tax if you send cash?

HELP!!

Thanks in advance!

2. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

Do not make it any more complicated for yourself. If you buy mulch or any other thing, you have allready paid tax on it. Hers your bill. Thank you.

3. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

Whether they pay cash or not, you still have to report it. If you are not planning on doing that, paying the taxes that is, I might not post it on an open forum.

4. maxkicker

maxkicker LawnSite Member

you cannot charge tax on labor. if you are selling them something like plants/mulch whatever then you can charge tax on that
    what kind of fool would send cash in the mail anyway?

5. Slcareco

thanks guys so basically dont give the offer? and about diff billing options for like mowing dont offer nething other then monthly?

6. Slcareco

theres a ny labor tax

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

That's very wrong info. In many states you do have to charge state sales tax and labor/services and I do also believe that NY is one of those states.

8. maxkicker

i couldve sworn i put "in maryland in that post"
    sorry i dont want to mislead/give bad advice to anyone
    im sure in maryland though straight from the accountant

9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

THANK YOU.

Sometimes I wish people would quit spouting mis-informed info.

10. maxkicker

and i wish people could hold back there little jabs especially after i just appoligized
    but some people make mistakes and some people are jerks, so our wishes may never come true

again sorry "feel kinda bad" next time ill take the time to research others states b4 giving input
    asthmas got me down so i feel the need to be in the ac posting here