Cash

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BigRedTruck, Mar 9, 2007.

1. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck LawnSite Member

Let's be honest, we're all trying to make as much as we can. So here's the question. Do you full timers, or frankly anyone, report when someone pays you cash? I know I will not. Just bein' honest. But wanted to know what the general consensus was out there.

2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I do man, because what goes around comes around. If you sow dishonesty your going to get it in return. It pays to be honest.

3. BigRedTruck

how could they really track that down. Car washes, mechanics, other service businesses, fully certified businesses, do this all the time. You going to tell me there's no one out there who just pockets the cash and doesn't report. That's bull and you know it.

The Truth in Landscaping

4. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

I put in right in my pocket..............did it today, all $150 of it................I earned it too.

5. BigRedTruck

damn right you did. Uncle Sam ain't doin us any favors. It's not under cutting anyone. I just think cash is cash. What they don't know can't hurt us.

Seriously!

6. dKoester

You !!! Struck a wrong cord with me bud. I did not say that there was no one out there that would pocket the cash and not report. I said I report what I make (cash etc.). I don't even think you read my post. Your new to this site with your 8 post. Don't go getting mad at me for your dishonesty. Honesty is the best policy.

7. BigRedTruck

first off, what the hell does 8 or 800 posts have to do with honesty? That was dumb. Anyway...
    I was not calling you a liar. I'm sure you report and that's fine with me.
    I was calling all the others out there who don't report cash. Wanted to get there feelings on it. Actually, I like your post too. Want to hear from those that do in fact report cash. So take a Valium and relax. Wasn't calling you anything.
    Just looking to see the general feeling about what people do when they get paid cash.
    I pocket that instantly.

Just me though.

8 posts. WHO CARES! It's a dumb website, not who you are in this world. GEEZ!

8. dKoester

Cool. I'm sorry.

9. Rarely ever see cash, and I aint saying nothing, I saw nuthing.

10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Only time I ever see cash is for snowplowing. That goes right to the ole pocket. Most of it gets spent in gas anyway that night for plowing. Kinda hard to report something that you spend almost immediatly. But I think during the regular season, if it is 100 bucks or more, I would report. You never know who could call and turn you in. I always want to cover my ass. It is just part of the game I guess.