1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by recliner5, Sep 29, 2002.

1. recliner5

recliner5 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

How good of a deal can a person get with cash in pocket, if he sees a mower he likes and sits down and writes out check for the amount ( say $5000 ) will a dealer cut this person a good deal?
  2. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer told me it really doesn't matter if he gets a check for the full amount from me or the financing company. He sold me my lazer for the same amount as everyone else.
  3. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I think if you give the dealer actual "cash" you could work out something.

A check doesnt mean much... if you were to finance it, the dealer would still get paid the same way. HTH
  4. Don't you just love it when someone makes deal for cash and then pulls out a check book?
  5. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

I wrote out a check for a new mower this past spring($5,000.00) all I got was a free debri bag, what a deal.
  6. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Yep "Cash" isn't much good if your retailing big ticket items,IRS only has to look at your books to see you bought a mower wholesale."Cash" is only any good on a deal with no paper work involved so you can slip your back pocket.I'm told this happens,but I know nothing about it;)
  7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

The dealer I used to work with would awalys Quote you a price without financing charges. THen if you wanted to finance, he would add in $500-$750 in finance charges (seperate than interest) for his "inconvience" of filling out the paperwork. With that dealer, you could get a better price for cash.
  8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

My dealer wouldn't give me any kind of a deal or discount. The only thing he did for me was mount my sulky for free:rolleyes:
  9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

naw ,big jim that stuff dont really happen.
    didnt happen to me last wk when i bought a second hand chainsaw.
    ;) cash talks a different language ,when u talkin small buisiness. im just supposing that tho. i wouldnt know for sure.:angel: