cashing a check? i'll need your fingerprints...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Aug 11, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i went to cash a $1,000 check at a customers bank. the teller requested my fingerprints. naturally i flipped, and made a huge scene. i explained that the last time someone took my fingerprints, well, things just didn't work out for me. anyone ever get asked to give a fingerprint to cash a check?

2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

well that's what happens when you go into a bank in the middle of the summer wearing a ski mask......

offer a urine sample instead.

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I notice on one of my payroll checks that I write to a employee, has his fingerprint on it.

4. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

Happens to me all the time... Well for checks over 100 dollars or so.

5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

bob-- their finger print stamp is for psychological purposes.

it is to make people that have concerns about cashing checks think twice before scamming them and obviously it works.

but it's no big deal because your finger prints are all over that check anyway. the paper is manufactured to be sensitive to fingerprint oils.

it is a safety feature...much like signature line.

anyway......you ought to be depositing that check in YOUR account instead of leaving fingerprints at banks all over town.

glad I could help.

GEO :)

6. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Comerica Bank has been requiring thumbprints for customers that do not have accounts with them for over 3 years now.

7. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Why would you cash a client check at THEIR bank? Why not deposit it into YOUR BUSINESS account at YOUR bank?

Mike

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

LOL Ahh,...could you just make that out to me,.. my name is........
    or,...if you just got cash, that would be cool, too..........:eek:
    People do this, so in case they're audited, and their account gets audited, there is no trace of this money. It's real hard to find.

9. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

It happens to me at one bank i go to ,no big deal im not doing anything illegal.

10. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

occassionally I'll cash checks at their bank if I'm worried about the check being returned.