Cast Doorhangers

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by jbailey52, Jan 9, 2007.

1. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone used these Cast made doorhangers which you can attach your card to? Any success?

2. eskerlite

eskerlite LawnSite Member

Pay the paper boy to put them on the doors he or she delivers to.
    Sean C.

3. jbailey52

believe me im not planning on huffing it around putting them out myself.. I was just wondering who has used them, and what success they have with it.. A Friend of mine is a Mailman and twice a year he will drop color flyers in all of his boxes for us.

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

we put out over 400... 1 call back from a senile old lady saying we ripped her flowers out.

I went to 3000doorhangers.com and got 3000 made in 2 color for 209 bucks. Hopefully it will spark curiosity enough to drive them to my website.

I also got a detachable 10% off coupon on the door hanger as well... hung about 100 today myself for some exercise.

Will have to see how they work but rememeber most of the high end areas you will want to market in are no solicit areas as well.

I plan to recruit the church youth one day for a fund raiser and give them each 60 plus a pizza party for hanging all day one day.

5. High Performance Lighting

High Performance Lighting LawnSite Senior Member
    from So Cal

Don't waste your time unless you want to place them on neighboring properties where you are already working. This type of advertising is a shot gun approach and very untargeted and very wasteful. Most people toss it in the circular file. Position yourself in your marketplace so qualified prospects come to you. Otherwise you are going to be spending alot of time chasing down unqualified leads and coming up empty handed.

Read Nightscapes Paul's post about positioning under the advertising thread. He gives some good advice.

6. jbailey52

I dont see them working to well for "blind customers" That being just random houses.. I feel if you did a job in a develpment which we have been doing a lot of.. and you have a lit up sign at night the people will notice.. then if you hang these.... they know who you are, what your capable of, and may be interested.

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Federal offence... he cannot drop anything that did not come thru the postal service.

8. jbailey52

yea big deal... been doing it for us for years now...

9. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

You might not get into trouble, but if he gets fired...I'd feel like crap.

10. jbailey52

True... but he volunteers... been doing it for a while.. and never a complaint... so basically... I get lucky

P.s.. I cant believe you watched that video in your sig for an hour and a half.. thats even worse