Cast mr-16 bullets

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by jbailey52, Dec 7, 2006.

1. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Like the light.. nice quality... sturdy.. my question.. whats with the spring when loading the lamps... you push it down slightly... it gets stuck or pushed halfway up sideways.. I just did 15 of them.. not one of the was easy to get the bulb in.... seems if the metal circle ring was smaller.. it would slide up.. or they need to make something that doesnt allow it to turn sideways in the fixture.. any suggestions? I even had to remove the 3 stickers inside of it because they bubbled and were catchin the spring....

2. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

Pull up the flat metal piece and put your index & middle finger between piece & fixture opening. Basically, you are squeezing the spring between those fingers and using your fingers as stability for the pressure of inserting the lamp. It worked fine for us after that. Dan from CAST told us to use that method.

3. jdgent

jdgent LawnSite Member

I just changed the lamps on Cast system this week and found that I could get the flat piece out of the fixture completely to change the lamp. Then I would get the lamp in the position I wanted, push down on the flat metal piece (compressing the spring) and the lamp's housing would lock into place allowing me to attach the lens. It worked like this almost on every fixture.

4. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

that made sense.. the logic seems to push the bulb down on the spring and into the housing... which just doesnt work.. I guess pulling it out..putting in the bulb, then replacing it... makes sense... the directions....were terrible!