Caster Tires Flat! Fix or F-Up?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenBe, May 19, 2008.

1. GreenBe

GreenBe LawnSite Member

I was thinking about filling my caster tires on my walk-behind with Great Stuff (that super-expanding insullation foam at hardware stores). First I would remove the valve core and then fill the tires, allow it to expand, and replace valve core (possibly inflate to increase pressure). My hope would be that this would make these tires completely flat proof. I realize that this is either a Great idea or a terrible one. P.S. I have already tried fix a flat with no improvement on one tire.
  2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

might are you gonna get the stem back in though? stems are installed from the inside of the tire. the caster dont usually have much weight on them so it should be fine. it aint gonna cost bu $5. try it and if it dont work order the real no flat casters from your dealer.
  3. gorknoids

gorknoids LawnSite Senior Member

You may as well run them flat, because the "Great Stuff" is just going to crush to powder once it sets.
    We're replacing all of our caster tires with solid rubber ones as they wear out. Just a thought.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

did you try slime i run it in everything and it works great
  5. Down2EarthLawns

Down2EarthLawns LawnSite Member

I have slime in the tires of both ZTRs we run. It works really well. I wouldn't think that it would be too expensive to slime those small tires.