caster wheels on scag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fa fa flo hite, Mar 10, 2004.

1. fa fa flo hite

fa fa flo hite LawnSite Member
    from ohio

how is the best way to take off to replace the caster wheel tire on the scags. i found it impossible,im trying not to buy the whole wheel assembly. thanks:blob4: :confused:

2. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I imagine it is a lubrication issue, and am guessing you have a walkbehind. There is an inner sleave, and the long bolt that goes through the fork, through the sleeve, and then through the other fork. I am guessing you gook off the nut, and the bolt won't slide out? If this is the case, you can lube the death out of it, and try to use a bolt as a punch to beat it through the fork and sleeve assembly. More then likely thiss will not work, so take a sawzall, and cut the bolt off. When they sieze you normally have to cut off the bolt. This has been my experience. Cheaper then new forks.

Good luck
    Jay

3. dreisman

dreisman LawnSite Member

If you want to take off the tire only it is easier to buy a new wheel sometimes. I think there are three bolts that will split the hub and the tire may come off. If youreplace the tire do so with the solid tire. Expensive but do not go flat.