Caster Wheels

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Truly Beautiful Lawn Care, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Anyone out there using a walk behind with caster wheels? If so, what brand and how is the performance? I'm researching a commercial self propelled walk behind.

Thanks, Jay

2. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

yes, husqvarna, awsome.

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Take a look at the new Toros with the TurfoForce decks...they have a setup with caster wheels called a Toro TruTrac that I hear is awesome (Will see this coming Friday as I ordered one to demo). At about $550-$600 its a bit expensive, but from what I hear people really like them alot.

4. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

did you mean a 21 inch mower? if thats the case, then no.

5. cgaengineer

No the unit I purchased is 40" and Toro makes a velke thats caster wheels for the Toro T2...

Pictured below is the Toro TruTrac and below that is a pic of my mower.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. lawnguy001

lawnguy001 LawnSite Member

I've used Jungle Wheels for years on both my hydro Toro and Exmark w/b. Never had and trouble backing up , as long as you're careful.
    Walt

7. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Thanks for the input. Sorry I was not specific. I was refering to anything less than a 36'. I'm looking for a commercial mower. I thought about the exmark 26 but the reviews on this site are not impressive. Then I looked into the units with caster wheels. I looked at the John Deere (caster wheels) at Home Depot. Nice machine. I guess caster wheel setups on 19's and up is going to be the stadard.

Thanks again, Jay

8. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Sorry, that machine is at Lowes.

9. cgaengineer

Dont get the POS John Deere caster wheel machine...the differential is made of plastic and I couldnt see it lasting more than about 2 seasons. If you want a homeowner mower that is built like a tank, get a Snapper HiVAC and dont look back.

By the way...if this helps your decision...I was just at Lowes and there were 3 caster wheeled JohnDeere's that they were selling that had been returned...they were asking $250 for it!!