Casters

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by rixtag, Feb 7, 2002.

1. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

Hey, just wanted to say that you guys are doing a great job and I really do appreciate the time and effort it takes to moderate a forum like this.

I also have a question. I have an older metro 36 and during the winter I disassemble all of the caster and drive wheels to clean and inspect the bearings/bushings.

I was wondering if there are and how it's setup for the washers on the sides of the axles for the front wheels. I have a factory parts manual and all that shows is one washer. The manual also shows a single side caster spindle. Mine has 2 sides.

Does it require a washer on both sides? If it requires only one how do you determine which side?

Thanks in advance.

Keep up the good work and the great products/advice :) :cool:

Rick

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

rixtag,

The washer that you are talking about should be a lock washer (spilt washer). There should be only 1 and it goes on the side with the nut. I think you are talking about the bolt, washer and nut that go to the caster wheel?

I don't know why you have 2 on your unit unless someone worked on it before you owned it. Maybe we were feeling overly generous at the factory that day. :D :D

Also thanks for the compliment, if it werenÂ’t for you guys out there we wouldn't be have this much fun at our jobs. :blob3: :blob3:

Thanks, Fred.

3. rixtag

from Lehi Ut

Fred,

Actually it has a large flat washer on it that goes between the wheel and the caster arm. If you picture it like this it would be
    from the center of the wheel out.....bearing, bushing, WASHER, caster side arm etc....

make sense?

Maybe it isn't supposed to be there?

Thanks Fred

Rick

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

rixtag,

I really don't know what those washer are doing their. We at Exmark never put it in the assembly to my knowledge. Someone may have put it in their if they used an after market wheel, a shim to fit type of thing.

I would have to say from a service point of view, if you're not having any problems you should be fine.

Thanks, Fred.

5. rixtag

from Lehi Ut

Thanks Fred!! That is just the kind of service that I'm talkin' about.

You guys rock!!:)

Rick