castor wheel problem help please!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 944own, Mar 4, 2011.

1. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OprEAY19eo0
    While out mowing today I noticed the castor wheel on the front left would not spin real good. When I got home I jacked it up and took the wheel off the yoke and noticed allot of play in it as you can see in the vid. The other side is tight as can be and I dont even know how to take the yoke off to see what has happened. The only thing I have done is greased them a week ago and they had not been greased in some time please let me know what has happened. Thanks Also the whole arm moves that the castor is on because it pivots and can put a pin in so it cant pivot this is a lesco ztwo.

2. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

looks like a broken bearing or whatever they use in there...it shouldn't move around like that

3. 944own

I know I just dont even know how to take it off to see what is up with it.

4. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

pop the top cap off, remove pin and remove big nut. Voila. Caster will fall down with a bunch of bearings.

5. 944own

OK I took the cap off and got the yoke off you can see in the second pic what I found to be the problem what is this metal piece that is all twisted and how do all these little bearings go back in do they lay flat if so there are too many if they stand up straight they wont fit assuming they go in the little lip at the bottom of the hole the yoke came out of. thanks

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg

6. 944own

someone has to know what this mangled piece is I am gonna go to the dealer tomorrow and see if I can get a new one and would like to know what to ask for.

7. ncknaklawns

ncknaklawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

See if you can find the parts manual will show breakdown and numbers.

8. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

hummm that mangled piece looks like a bearing race.. that thing is tore up lol..

what kind of mower is that?..normally you can get all parts manuals in pdf form on the companys website..good luch

9. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

actually yea it is the race.. look you have one complete bearing and only 1/2 of the other sitting on top of castor fork in the first picture.. looks like a big zip washer

10. 944own

I see what you are saying, it is a lesco ztwo same mower as cub tank. I got the manual for the cub tank I think I know what I need. Im going to the cub dealer and see if I can get the parts thanks for the help I will let you know how it goes.