cat 14g motor grader won't start

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by TandM, May 7, 2008.

1. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Hey My fathers cat 14 g motor grader will not crank I need to know some things to check to make here fire up. It is losing money sitting there. thanks for all replies

2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

how long has it been sitting? If it wont even crank chances are its electrical, check the ignition switch, check (if it has one) if the master switch is properly working, obviously check the batteries....thats all i can say based on your short explanation

3. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Ok well we bought it about 5 months ago and it was not running we put a starter on it and got it to crank. we packed a few cylinders and put some new gauges on it and she ran for a few months one day she just would not crank batteries are and I will check the master switch and ignition key thanks for all the comments.

4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

we had a 943 that all of the sudden wouldn't crank one day on the job...literally worked one day and wouldn't the next...turned out to be the ignition switch...simple fix, just a pain because it wouldn't start when the driver went to get it because it was needed on another job