cat 216

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mrsops, Feb 29, 2008.

1. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

does anyone know if this machine can be inverted to 54'' wide??

2. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Your not thinking about buying it are you?

3. mrsops

well i really like the bobcat s130 but 26,000 for that machine seems extremely to high someone on this site said that they can get a new cat 216 for 22,500 i mean why dont demo it and see how it is??

4. cat2

from Mi

Your bobcat dealer is NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thats way too much for a s-130

5. mrsops

thats what i said.. its a 2008 s130 with cab and heat power bobtach keyless igniton and the sound reduction kit he told me it was 26,000 im trying to get him down around 23,000 then ill consider it but it seemed a little high for that machine

6. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Try the cat you will like it soon you will be like Ron.:waving:

7. mrsops

i have tried cats before i have always went with bobcat except when i do buy my next excavator i am going to go with a cat 305.. i dont know i have always like bobcat skids better but why not take a shot they semmed like they made some nice improvements with the 2008 216 model.. john deere has the 313 that gets down to 54''wide but i wouldnt waste my time because the visability is not as good as bobcat or cat

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think it can be done, Cat's don't have axles that stick out that far like Bobcat. If you ask that question on HeavyEquipmentForums.com, there is one of the mods that has a new 226B2, he might be able to tell you, the 216, 226, 232, 236 are all of the same frame.

9. mrsops

acually i just did talk to someone else there saying no only 60'' wide is the smallest well thats out of the question.. forget about john deere.. s130 may be the way to go im not spending 26,000 on that machine thou lol

10. cat2

from Mi

try the deere, you just never know you may like it