1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cat 232b

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ma5tr, Jul 9, 2005.

1. ma5tr

ma5tr LawnSite Member
    from toronto

hey all,
    i'm new to this forum, but i've been on it constanly for the last week researching skid steer comments. The Cat machine seemed to have the most consistent reviews, and becase of that we just purchased our very first skid steer. Its a cat 232b suspension seat, autolevel bucket...but other that that a basic machine. Does anyone know of any problems I should keep my eyes open for? Thanks alot....awesome site.

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Your Cat dealer should have a training schedule comming soon. Call and ask when it will be. The fees are $250.00, but if you are an owner, typically they provide them free. In the session, they will give you maintenance tips, and how to see things that will wear at appropriate times. This is a must do for any brand skid steer or MTL owner. They even have them in Spanglish to help the guys see how to work and maintain the machine properly.