1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cat 247B Attachments

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by wakesetter2001, Feb 22, 2008.

1. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 LawnSite Member

Does anyone use Erskine/Quick attach products? I am looking at the quick attach 60" brush mower and the 6 way dozer blade. Wondering if there are any opinion's out there. Or any opinion's on other brands before I drop that much money on two attachments.
  2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Any attachment will fit, stay away from dozer blades, they are just a money gimmick, buckets still push more. The only problems you might run into are with the different electrical harness plugs on the Bobcat and Cat attachments like the Harley rakes and Planers, Bobcat uses a 7 pin plug and Cat uses a 10 pin, so order up an adapter to use both. The only other problems are the oils in the attachments, they might not mix that well, but it's not the end of the world.
  3. RipT

RipT LawnSite Member

All together we have two QuickAttach snow blowers, a grapple/rock bucket, and a concrete hopper. Am quite pleased with overall quality of all of them.

While we also have a CAT 6-way dozer blade, the QA model has an optional forward guide wheel set that looks like it would make final grading even better. We have even given a bit of thought to rigging something similar for the CAT blade. The main advantage of a 6-way over a bucket is tilting. The MTL does a nice job in the dirt compared to wheels. (We have a 287B in BC)
  4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Quick Attach will send the attachment out with the correct electrical attachments for the machine. I have a grapple bucket from them. I like it, HD construction.