cat 247b

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by dallas05, Apr 7, 2007.

1. dallas05

dallas05 LawnSite Member

just bought a 247b after a week long demo. it will be here tues. anyone own one?

2. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

If its like my 257B....send it back

3. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

QPS- I didn't know you were still on here.:drinkup: What kind of problems have you had with your 257B?

dallas05- There's been a lot of mixed reviews on Cat CTL's in general. There are several people on here who own, or have owned one. How do you plan to use yours?

4. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

drop in from time to time, just got tired of arguing over which skidsteer or mini is the best....in a nutshell the 257B has been a dissapointment, with repairs and lack of power since day one...MacAllister's have been great with there service, but as soon as the new series hits the market...its gone...look at the case and takeuchi models closer this time...the 257 is suck in muck as we speak....just left it there two days ago....gotta take the mini over to drag it out here in a bit...I'll try to take some pic's and post later...

5. ians06

ians06 LawnSite Member

I own a 247B, have had it for 2 mos. now with 100hrs.. Tracks look good as new as well as the rollers....heck the whole machine looks brand new. But I am an owner operator and take very good care of my equipment and I LOVE my CAt CTl. Good luck w/yours!!!

6. dallas05

dallas05 LawnSite Member

sorry been away a few days. i will be doing mainly new construction with it. we got a hyd.angle harley rake,4n1 bucket and pallet forks with it. we will be moving topsoil,grading,renovations,mulch,b/b trees,big sod rolls eventually! etc...