Cat 252B vs. Deere 325

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by PrairiesEdge, May 5, 2008.

1. PrairiesEdge

PrairiesEdge LawnSite Member

Interested if anyone has any opinons or pros/cons on these machines. We are a landscaping company looking to use the skid for mainly moving pallets of mulch, boulders, pavers, wall block, etc... Would also be used to do light grading and moving material. Any thoughts would be helpful!

P.S. Have demoed both, would just like further opinons/analysis. Thanks in advance.

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

The Cat has better visibilty to the rear of the tires and much larger cabs.

3. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Let me know what you decide. Since I sell them I will stay out of this because I am naturaly bias. I will say I do not think you would be disapointed with either machine. Look at dealer support if you like both for the tie breaker.

4. PrairiesEdge

Dealer support is no issue, both are in town and just a few miles apart. Bobcat is right about the cabs for sure. I dont more trouble seeing out of the cat than the deere. I like the fact that the deere has the code ignition.

5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

You might try a CASE 440 or 445 Series 3 machine as a comparision.

6. PrairiesEdge

Thanks ksss, might give it a look, my only worry is that the closest Case dealer is almost 2 hours away from us.

7. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Now that I think about this... what is your purchasing timeframe? Is it a 252B2 or a 252B?

8. PrairiesEdge

Will probably pull the trigger in the next couple of weeks. it would be a 252b>

9. GCRDFW

GCRDFW LawnSite Member

If you can get a 252B2 or late 2007 252B that has the latest updates you will be happy with the purchase. They are supposed to be the perfect B series machine.

10. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

What did you buy?