Cat 262 skid problems

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by rob1325, Aug 21, 2008.

1. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2003 Cat 262 a series with some problems. First off the temperature warning light started to go on lately. It started with going on some times and then just go off. Now it just stays on all the time even when cold. When it is on it glows very little (maybe half on symbol glows), not bright like when parking light is on. Do I just replace temperature reader on motor? My second problem is with the locking pins. If I use cat attachments they stay on barley seems. Though, a month ago I had to rent a non Cat attachment (breaker) and it would pop off once and a while. I looked at the pins and how they work. Seems when I put press on attachment, like going backwards with bucket, the pins push up. I see the springs there but they don't hold pin down with the pressure. If the pins were little longer seems the attachments would not fall off or if bevel was not as big on end of pin. Is there a fix for this? Are my pins worn or does Cat make longer ones? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

2. CarterKraft

CarterKraft LawnSite Senior Member

the temp issue is your coolant temperature sender in the thermostat housing on the cylinder head. they had a problem with them getting corroded internally and they short out setting the lamp, no big deal just change it when it's cold... Duh!

The pins are a kind of look see type issue. make sure the roll pins in the lock pins are bottoming in the lock pin bores when locked. if they stick above the bore then they will be short on the bottom and your tool will fall off.

Good luck

3. CarterKraft

I tried to attach a picture but my #@$@#$ internet is so #$%$#@% slow it timed out so here goes.

coupler.jpg

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

CarterKraft, how the hell do you manage to come up with the schematic drawings so damn fast?!?!?

5. CarterKraft

I worked on CCE machines ONLY for 3 years, most of the info I have forgotten the other half I remember where it's saved on my Laptop :)

Also, you do know were I work, right?

6. bobcat_ron

Me thinks me knows wheres yous works.

7. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Update: Finally changes temp sender on motor, still same problem. Thinking it may be board behind dash. Now hydro light comes on lighty sometimes. If you guys have any other recommendations I would appreciate it. I am going to see what the electronic board costs and may just try that also. I am going to change pins also when done for the year. Will keep you guys updated.

Thanks
    Rob

8. SellingIron

SellingIron LawnSite Senior Member
    from FTE

Stop what your doing. Goto to a bobcat dealership and trade the sick cat in...
    Bobcat has 50 reasons to do it. (0% @50 months):hammerhead:

9. bobcat_ron

That because they are broke...............and they need the money.

10. CarterKraft

if you have allot hours on your machine the wires could be detached from the circuit board on the instrument panel. you should be able to disconnect the wire from the senders to test the board.

lamp gp price around $90