cat 262b + h&h speedloader ex

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mas, Jul 13, 2007.

1. mas

mas LawnSite Member

Hi,

I plan on picking up a skidsteer next week its a cat 262b with a weight of 7861lbs

i plan on pulling it with a 2005 2500hd diesel on a h&h speedloader ex trailer http://www.hhtrailer.com/05SpeedLoaderEX.asp

i need to pull it about 800 miles..

do you think its too much weight for a 3/4ton truck ?

2. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

She won't even feel it. Your good for 12k with that setup and as long as you take it easy you will be fine.

3. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have a brake controller on the 2500? If you were just going a few miles you might go slow and be ok, but for an 800 mile trip I would definitely make sure I had brakes on all my axles.

The diesel should tow it just fine although you *might* notice a slight reduction in fuel economy. I must see fifty 3/4 ton trucks towing loads like this every day.

Have you already got the trailer? I don't have any experience loading equipment on this type of trailer but it looks a little scary to me.

http://www.hhtrailer.com/images/2005SpeedLoaderEX/SpeedLoaderEX20.jpg

4. mas

mas LawnSite Member

yea i have the trailer already.. i probably wont use it to haul around the thing full time but i have to use it to pick it up right now...

why do you think it looks scarey to you use? just loading it or acctualy driving with it?

5. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

As long as you've got 5000# axles and brakes it should work fine for hauling around; it just looks scary to load.

6. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

I personally love tilt trailers and feel they're much safer. I own a trailmann 30' hd tiltdeck and you can't beat it. I haul our two track loaders quite often and they hate ramps and expecailly dovetails. After having our 864 slide off once I convinced the boss to get me this trailer, been great. PS. you might want to hook a remote control to your trailer, I bought a lodar from aw direct and it's worked out great.
    [​IMG]